IACEE Pulse: A Newsfeed for Members, December 2023
My Dear IACEE Colleagues:
Two thousand twenty-three ends soon, and two thousand twenty-four slowly ushers into our lives with hopes and dreams of a better, equitable world. I take this opportunity to thank you for being a member of IACEE and for your contribution to IACEE. I also want to thank Camille Howard, Managing Director – Global Operations of IACEE, for her tireless efforts to keep the operations of members' services, communication, and events functional and systematic.
Here are just a few announcements for you before the year ends. You will find more about these in this Pulse.
- The submission deadline for an abstract for consideration of presentation and publication at the 19th World Conference to be held on May 21-24, 2024, in Comillas, Spain, is January 5, 2024. Have you considered submitting an abstract for a panel, session, or workshop-style presentation?
- The IACEE awards nomination process is open for submission. Please consider submitting a nomination for a company or a continuing engineering education colleague.
- After the success of the online workshop on November 14th (all about shedding light on the use of artificial intelligence in continuing engineering education), we are coming back with another virtual workshop, titled AI-Powered Content Generation Strategies for Course Production, to be held on January 25, 2024. Mark the date now and register to attend!
- And lastly, stay tuned for an announcement about the 2024 Council elections. We hope that many of you will consider contesting.
The IACEE Headquarters will be closed from December 23, 2023 - January 2nd, 2024. We wish you a peaceful holiday season and a prosperous 2024.
Soma Chakrabarti, PhD
IACEE 2024 World Conference Call For Abstracts
Authors addressing advancement or innovation in these or similar topics of interest to IACEE are invited to submit a 300 word abstract for review and possible presentation at the 2024 World Conference. Submit your abstract by January 5, 2024.
Topics of Interest
- Education meeting the demands of a technology-based labor market
- Reskilling and upskilling workers for a Sustainable Future
- Emerging trends and approaches in DEI and Social Justice
- Future Skills and Industry 5.0 in Organizations
- Advocacy actions related to sustainability
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion perspective in the workforce
- Academic–industry partnerships and CEE sustainability
Abstracts (300 words) must be submitted electronically through the IACEE Abstract Submission System. Authors of accepted abstracts will have the opportunity to submit an Extended Abstract (800 - 1200 words) or a Full Paper (maximum 8,000 words). Extended Abstracts will be published in IACEE 2024 Conference Abstract Book (available online with an associated ISBN). Full Papers will have an opportunity to be published in a Special Issue of a peer-reviewed open-access journal.
For any questions, please send an email to Angeles Dominguez, Tecnologico de Monterrey.
AI Strategies Workshop Summary & Recording
In our recent November webinar titled "Revolutionizing Continuing Education Through AI Strategies", we were joined by two AI leaders in higher education - Ayat Sweid and Roger Kohler. We ventured into the exciting frontier where AI meets education, and used Engageli as the platform to debate and collaborate! Imagine a world where every student has access to quality, personalized learning and data-decision making becomes universally accessible. As builders of education technology, we navigated the data labyrinth to ensure ethical AI guardianship and uncovered the challenges and opportunities of this new educational landscape with perspectives from participants. The session was a vibrant tapestry of ideas, affirming AI's transformative potential while emphasizing the importance of ethical navigation and higher order thinking. It's clear: the future of education is not just about tech; it's about harnessing its power wisely and inclusively.
The workshop summary was powered by ChatGPT. The full recording is available here.
Save the Date: Jan 25, 2024 Workshop
By popular demand, IACEE will be hosting a second AI hands on workshop titled "AI-Powered Content Generation Strategies for Course Production" on January 25, 2024 at 11 am ET. Generative AI offers a powerful stack of tools to streamline content production and keep content current in an agile fashion. Join panelists Ayat Sweid and Roger Kohler in this workshop to debate ethical practices for using content generated by AI, and participate in a simulation of a use case for AI application for content creation and enhancement.
Register to join and receive further event communication. Connection information will be emailed to all registrants prior to the event, as well as posted to the LinkedIn event on the day of the event.